Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Using WMS TileCache on Apache Win32 with Mod Python

TileCache is a cool tool for caching WMS titles. Using it with Openlayers which is a great javascript library for using with WMS Servers

I had a few issues installing it on Windows using Apache 2.0.61, Python 2.5 and mod_python

This configuration worked for me nicely, the PythonPath directive fixes the "ImportError: No module named TileCache.Service" error


<Directory "c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TileCache/">
AddHandler python-program .py
PythonHandler TileCache.Service
PythonOption TileCacheConfig "c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TileCache/tilecache.cfg"
PythonPath "['c:\inetpub\wwwroot\TileCache'] + sys.path"
PythonDebug On
</Directory>

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much,
i just met the problem
luck i've found this post from google'cache ,
it works

Xiaoyu said...

Hi Guys:
I followed your advise, but I still have the problem No module name TileCache.Service. do you any ideas about this?

Anonymous said...

Also for me your post was helpful. Thanks!

Matt said...

Worked for me too, thanks a lot!